Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Muesli Cookies

I found this recipe the other day and thought it looked simple and yummy. I was right! The kids and I just made a batch and they are delicious. And not to mention, pretty healthy too.

3 cups homemade toasted muesli (I didn't have any homemade, so I used a good quality bought one that had heaps of dried fruit and seeds in it)
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
100g butter, melted, cooled
1/3 cup honey
1 egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 170°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Combine muesli and flour in a bowl. Whisk butter, honey and egg together. Add butter mixture to oats and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes. Actually, in this weather, put it in the fridge to harden a little! Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on trays, 3cm apart. Bake for 10 mins. Swap trays halfway through. Cool for 10 mins transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining mixture.

2 comments:

  1. they are good aren't they. I have made similar ones before but using cornflakes and muesli 50/50 - very easy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Always on the lookout for 'healthy' cookies. Will give them a go :-)

    ReplyDelete