Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It was written in the stars

I get the picture that most people think of me as outspoken, confident and a bit of a rabble rouser. I think they are probably correct for the most part. I do love to get the cauldron bubbling! I do however, feel a little misunderstood a lot of the time. I think some people may be confused by my motives and I'm sure a few of my dejecters are probably of the belief that I place myself on a pedestal in search for fame and glory. Well, the Leo in me is mighty proud of that assumption and shouts out 'hoorah' to those souls brave enough to challenge the king of the jungle! These days though my lion is sleepy, and has handed the reins over to the water bearer and the archer. You see, I have Aquarius rising and my moon is in Sagittarius. These two aspects make for a pretty interesting existence, let me tell you!

Without going into the nitty gritty of astrology (believe me, I could go on, and on and on....), let me at least fill you in on three of the most important parts - the sun, the moon and the ascendant. Your sun sign is where the sun was located at the time of your birth, and is the common 'star sign' that is regularly referred to. Your sun sign controls the ego and it's self expression, and is, in short, how we express our individuality. Our moon sign is all about our emotions, and in my opinion, is of far more importance than our sun sign. It gives us an indication of our inner selves, and controls our instincts. The ascendant or rising sign is the sign that appeared on the eastern horizon at your time of birth. In a nutshell, our ascendant describes how we appear to the world. Here is a great description.

So from these three aspects we can gauge how we see ourselves, how the world sees us and how we handle life emotionally. I've been through my Leo phase, and whilst my ego is still a little wrapped up in the Leonine show-offi-ness, it's not who I am anymore. My ego is there, but its not going to control me. Maybe I've grown up, or maybe I've just learned that my exterior doesn't define me.

Emotionally, I am the warrior maiden, full of voice and vision. I have completely embraced her, and the emotional journey we are embarking on together is exciting. I'm not afraid to teach what I've learned, and sharing my philosophies and beliefs is of the utmost importance to me.

As for how I appear to the world, well, let's just say that it doesn't surprise me if some find me a little odd, maybe a bit eccentric, slightly controversial, somewhat left of centre and maybe a bit of a loner. That's ok with me. It was written in the stars 36 years ago. I've only just begun to learn how to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment