Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Strength


I picked a card from my tarot deck this morning. I don't know how to read tarot cards, but have gotten in the habit of shuffling and pulling a card every now and then. I figure that if there is a message in there for me, it will show itself when the need arises.

This morning's card was strength.

I don't know what the official tarot explanation for this card is, but to me, it is all about discipline, and strength of mind. The card shows a woman looking calmly, but strongly, into the open jaws of a lion. In my own interpretation, the woman is the flesh me, and the lion is my emotions, my ego and my conscious thoughts.

The card is telling me to forget the torments of the mind, and it's external influences, and to take control through the heart. It is telling me that it's time to meditate, and with strength of will, to let go of the old and welcome in the new.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment