Sunday, February 14, 2010

My latest creation

I had some odds and sods of fleece left over in a my craft box, and the other day I developed a bit of an urge to do some felting. So with what I had left, I managed to create a little story mat for my daughter.



A typical little girl, she loves fairies, so this mat is designed for fairy play. It has a golden path that leads from the flowery forest to a river dotted with stepping stones. The golden path then leads from the river to the silvery, purple fairy pond surrounded by pixie toadstools and more pretty flowers. Perfect for open ended play!

I'm really happy with the way it turned out, particularly as it was made using leftovers! I really need to get some more fleece now. I have two little boys who are brimming with ideas for story mats of their own!

4 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful!
    I really need to make a new story mat too ... but felting is starting to get harder with this belly of mine growing and getting in the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great and far better than my attempt. I would like to do some more I think i may buy some fleece form your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful, I bet your little one will just love it!

    ReplyDelete