Friday, February 19, 2010

Simone's Magic Muffins


This recipe was passed on to me by my friend. Thank you, Simone!

What wonderful, tasty little morsels they are too! My boys love them, and think they taste like gingerbread. Simone gave me the recipe to try as they helped one of her boys with his 'number two' problems and thought that they might help my daughter, who at the time had held on for five days (she has since gone - thank goodness!). Unfortunately Miss Fusspot doesn't like them, but I'm hoping, like other foods, that a continual offering of them might change her mind. This little girl won't eat fresh fruit or vegies unless they are hidden, so any kind of fibre I can get into her is of the utmost importance!

They are so good and so healthy and I wanted to share the recipe with you all here. They are the perfect lunch box addition. I have just baked another batch (with an added handful of frozen raspberries) to take with me to my gathering on the mountain tomorrow.

Enjoy, and remember to let me know what you think of them when you make them!

Simone's Magic Muffins

1 cup All Bran cereal (I used the Coles brand, as it is cheaper and just the same)
3/4 cup milk
25g butter
1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pear, grated (I used an apple for my second batch)
generous handful of L.S.A. mix (linseed, sunflower seeds and almond meal - this stuff is magic and very yummy)

Combine cereal and milk and stand 10 minutes.

Rub butter into combined flour, sugar and spice.

Add eggs, pear, bran mixture and L.S.A. mix, and stir until just combined. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.

Spoon mixture into muffin tins. Bake at 200〫C for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with skewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment