Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fish for dinner...

Cover of "Falling Cloudberries: A World o...Cover via Amazon



Moving is always such a thankless task. However, I love the excitement that comes with opening boxes that have been closed for a long period of time. I've been missing my recipe books, but this week we were re-acquainted. Recipe books and I have a wonderful relationship. I especially love the big hard cover books that are almost a novel and often a work of art. I love to look at the pictures, read the recipes and dream of creating a gastronomical feast for my family. Of course, more reading and less cooking is often the case. Today however, I am attempting a recipe from my all time favourite recipe book, Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros. Even the name conjures up delicious thoughts, don't you think?

Tonight's meal is Oven Baked Fish with Tomato and Parsley.

1kg firm white fish fillets (any kind - I'm using flake as it was the freshest and cheapest. Please don't use basa - but that's another post...) cut into 6cm pieces
400g tin tomatoes with juice (or very ripe tomatoes peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
2 celery stalks, chopped with some leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put the fish in an oven dish where they will fit in a single layer. Mix together the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, celery, sugar and olive oil and taste for seasoning. Pour over the fish to cover all the pieces, shaking the dish from side to side. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.

Remove the aluminium foil, increase the heat to 200 degrees and bake for another 40-50 minutes, or until the liquid has thickened and the top of the fish is golden in a couple of places. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices, and with either a salad or steamed vegies.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment