Thursday, July 2, 2009

The perfect place...

We've been on the prowl for a new house for a while now, and I am finally working out what it is that I want in a home. Some things are fanciful, some things are practical, and some things I will just downright never get. But a gal can dream, can she not?

- Stone benchtops in my kitchen
- One of those gorgeous big butler sinks that you see in English country homes
- Plenty of kitchen storage with large drawers for pots and pans
- A gas cooktop
- A room for everyone with lots of cupboard space
- A really large walk in wardrobe with shelving in just the right spot
- My very own bath, preferably claw foot with one of those cute little stands that sit over the top to rest my novels on
- Room for a beautiful antique dressing table (I don't have one, but I really, really want one!)
- Dark tiles, preferably slate
- Minimal, if any, carpet and if I must have carpet, it has to be dark
- A fireplace (yeah right, on the Gold Coast? Like we'd ever need it, but you know, I'm a romantic!)
- Lovely warm feature walls, but not in every room
- An alfresco area that is more like an outdoor room with a nice rug and comfy seating
- A wood fired pizza oven
- Lots of cupboards and benchspace in my laundry
- A clothes dryer (for emergencies only!!)
- My own little computer nook
- A craft room with plenty of space for me to be creative
- An easy to maintain garden with space for the kids to roam
- A successful vegie garden and fruit trees aplenty
- A huge poinciana or jacaranda for the kids to climb
- A built-in coffee machine that makes a perfect latte at the press of a button
- A big work bench for all the projects my husband intends to start ;)
- Ducted air-conditioning (aah, wouldn't that be great in summer....)

I don't think I'm asking for too much, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment