Saturday, October 8, 2011

Controversy

Don't you just love it?

I love stirring up the pot and getting people to think, to feel and to express. I've had a bit of criticism about my blog recently and despite what people may think, I love it! It means people are reading what I write.

I must admit, I did get a little upset by the mysterious comment from 'anon' a few weeks ago though. I'm all for free speech, and I'm definitely one who endorses freedom of opinion and freedom of expression. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be a blogger! What did upset me though was the lack of courage that 'anon' displayed. After all, if you have something to say, don't be afraid to say it. More importantly though, don't be afraid to own your words.

If you feel strongly enough about something, then say it. Tell everyone. But screw what they might think! What they think doesn't matter in the slightest. It's true. What matters most is that you've been strong enough and confident enough in yourself to be able to express what is important to you.

Controversy is good. Debate is good. Difference of opinion is good. Being able to express everything that is important to you, AND put your name to it, is even better! Be true to who you are. Don't be afraid to rock the boat. Don't be afraid to create a little bit of upheaval or a bit of controversy. And don't be afraid to be the one that starts it.

To me that's the most exciting part!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment