Monday, August 8, 2011

Foolproof choc chip cookies

My friend Kelley shared this recipe with me a little while ago and I've since made them 3 or 4 times. It's a winner in this household and makes enough cookies to last almost a week. They're not something you'd choose if you're on a health kick, but at least I know what's in them, and a little bit of butter and sugar isn't going to hurt anyone if eaten in moderation. Well, that's what I tell myself anyway...

Let me share the recipe with you -

Kelley's Choc Chip Cookies

500 grams of butter
1.5 cups of sugar
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 cups self raising flour
1 whole packet of choc bits

Cream the butter, sugar and condensed milk together in a large bowl. Fold in the flour cup by cup and then add the choc bits. You'll need to get your hands in toward the end to form a nice cookie dough. Measure out walnut sized balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Using a floured fork, press them down lightly. Cook in a 170-180 degree oven for about 12 minutes. My oven is a little unpredictable so I keep an eye on them after 10 minutes so that they don't over cook. You want them a little golden but not too brown. Let them cool a little on the tray before moving them to a rack to cool. Or, if you're like me and can't resist, let them cool enough so you don't burn your fingers, and then sample them while the chocolate is still all melty! This recipe makes about 60 decent sized cookies, and they'll keep in an air-tight container for up to a week - if they last that long!


No comments:

Post a Comment