Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dessert time!

I've been absent from the bloggy world for a little longer than I had anticipated. With children's broken arms, a house up for sale and the everyday hummings of life, I haven't had the spare time to sit and write. Blog posts are swirling in my head and I've missed you all! So with a few minutes spare now before I head into bill paying mode, I decided it was time to share with you a scrumptious dessert.

We ate this delicious apple crumble at Moondew quite a few weeks ago, but I only decided the night before last to make it myself. Why I waited so long, is anyone's guess! It was so easy and my goodness, soooo yummy! If you are anything like me, this cooler weather will have you craving piping hot puddings, and this one will not disappoint.

You can find Amber's recipe here, on her Mama Moontime blog.

As there was only two of us eating dessert, I divided the recipe into thirds and it was the perfect amount. I also added a handful of shredded coconut and sultanas. It was the night before grocery shopping day, so I used a tin of pie apples I had in the pantry, which made the preparation extremely easy! For those readers in Australia who may be close to an Aldi supermarket, they have on special for $1.99, 550g tins of pie apple, and also apple with either blackberries or raspberries. I bought a couple of tins today. With a recipe so simple and relatively nutritious (well, maybe not so much for me as I LOVE cream!), I will certainly be making this one over and over again this winter.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think of it when you make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment