Friday, April 16, 2010

A birthday blessing


My baby girl is three today. It's hard for me to remember where those last three years have gone, but I know they have been filled with complete joy and satisfaction. After my second son was born, I never imagined I would be the mother of a daughter. We only wanted two children, and I always maintained that I would only have a third child if the universe would grant me a little girl. I guess she must have been listening!


We've been blessed with a true Arian (both her sun and moon are in Aries), and her fiestiness and determination will take have her taking the bull (or should that be ram?) by the horns in this life. She's full of zest and spirit, and is the most affectionate of us all, with cuddles and kisses bestowed upon us regularly! Her brothers are doting, and she has them well and truly wrapped around her little finger. They will do anything for her, including taking the blame for many of her 'toddler' moments! They are her teachers, her playmates, her friends. And as for Daddy, well, he just melts in her presence. She is Daddy's fairy princess.


Having a daughter has meant so much more to me than just being able to buy pretty clothes. It means that I now have someone with whom I can truly share this journey of womanhood. Someone who will one day be a mother herself. Her birth and the months after it, taught me so much about my body and its ability to heal and nurture, and without wishing away the years, I am so looking forward to sharing her life with her. A friend of mine wrote in her blog recently that when we give birth to daughters, we are in effect giving birth to our grandchildren as well. Little girls are born with all of their eggs, and therefore half the genes of our future grandchildren. Incredible thought, isn't it? Quite mind boggling, but so beautiful at the same time.


I wish her the happiest of birthdays today, and I love her with all my heart. I love her little pixie face and her deep dark eyes, and I could kiss her little ears until the end of days. She has brought us so much happiness, so much love, so many blessings, and we couldn't imagine even a day without her.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to your sweet girl and happy birthing day to you too!

    ReplyDelete