Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainy day recipes

I can't believe its been this long since I was here last.  Life certainly has kept me on the fly!

It's a rainy and cold June day today, and as usual in this kind of weather, I have the cooking bug.  I've made the simplest Lemon Curd, an easy peasy Tuna Dip, and I'm going to try my hand later at Jalapeno Cornbread - just to appease the hungry Cajun in my home!

I cannot wait until this Lemon Curd has cooled down and I can spread it on toast for afternoon tea!

Lemon Curd.... just waiting to be eaten!
Here's the recipe -

Lemon Curd (makes about 2 cups)

125g butter
1 cup sugar
juice and finely grated zest of 3 lemons
3 eggs

1. Place the butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a medium sized bowl over a pan of gently simmering water over low-medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.

2. Beat the eggs then slowly add them to the hot lemon mixture, stirring continuously over a low heat until the mixture thickens. Do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

3.  When it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, the lemon curd is ready. Pour into a warm sterilised jar and seal.  It will store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if it lasts that long!).

I'll be back later to share the Tuna Dip recipe with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment